Is this site dead?

Anything goes. If there's no forum for your topic, you can post it here and give it the appropriate tag.
Surefire

Is this site dead?

I haven't seen any new posts in over a week. Is anyone using this site anymore?
Horrux

Re: Is this site dead?

Well, there's a new post by this user called surefire. Hello, welcome.

This is a very new site, we are just getting started, nobody left from here, I don't think...
LS2
Site Admin

So here's the thing. The impetus for setting up this website was that there was a new migration wave from Reddit. I wanted to advertise there and on Saidit. There was renewed activity on /r/RedditAlternatives, which I knew as a place where people flee Reddit censorship. I figured they'd be seeking an alternative more actively at this time. I wanted to filter out the more average, frontpage browsing Redditor by advertising it as a free speech platform. What happened is that those people, who are in support of censorship, really took control of the subreddit through their voting power. They effectively censored me through downvotes without explanation. I had to get it out of them, and it only became clear after a while that the phrase 'free speech' is what triggers them to downvote immediately. I see other people there who look for free speech alternatives, but they get downvoted as well. But all of those posts get downvoted. The original purpose of the subreddit is now on the margin.

Meanwhile, there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in an alternative on Saidit either, which is strange, since everyone there is upset about the admin being inactive and spam not being fought properly.

The format of this website is also different, that's likewise a barrier.

So there was never an initial, active userbase of any significant size. All of this, in turn, takes away motivation for me to continue promoting the website. It is what it is. If people aren't interested, I won't try to force them to use it. This is now a slow moving forum where discussions pop up randomly now and then. I still lurk and post what's on my mind from time to time, and a few others do as well. So it still makes sense to come back, just don't expect new content every day. I may start promoting it again in the future, but for now this forum doesn't have my focus.
Kevin Logan

I guess
LS2
Site Admin

I promote this site in waves. Like I mentioned above, my experience promoting on /r/RedditAlternatives wasn't what I hoped for. I've since been shadowbanned (lol), but I've made a new account. I'm back to promoting there, as well as on Saidit and rdrama, and on other communities here and there.
Kevin Logan

LS2 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:54 pm I promote this site in waves. Like I mentioned above, my experience promoting on /r/RedditAlternatives wasn't what I hoped for. I've since been shadowbanned (lol), but I've made a new account. I'm back to promoting there, as well as on Saidit and rdrama, and on other communities here and there.
Use proxies to avoid to get IP banned from places
LS2
Site Admin

I always use proxies but faggit uses fingerprinting to perpetuate the ban. It isn't worth it for me to try and bypass it as the userbase is very low quality to begin with.
WoodyWoodPecker

Next time use TOR: https://www.torproject.org/
CrystalVulpine

WoodyWoodPecker wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:36 pm Next time use TOR: https://www.torproject.org/
Somehow reddit's systems can tell it's you. That should be impossible but they always can. Even special access to CIA/government information can't explain it, because they can even detect you on devices and networks you never used before. No, you don't even have to post anything, it's literally like black magic or something.