Demons are real

Anything goes. If there's no forum for your topic, you can post it here and give it the appropriate tag.
Horrux

Demons are real

Check this out:

Tags:
LS2
Site Admin

Re: Demons are real

Added to my queue.
Horrux

Thoughts?
ceck

Horrux wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:25 pmThoughts?

1. The primary problem is that the headline is "demons are for real," the host mentions that "archons" can be called "demons," and yet there is no clear definition of what the topic will eventually be. I can guess what the point will eventually be. Eventually, I bet the interviewee will claim that schizophrenics are being subjected to some type of spiritual attack or telepathic interference that conventional science refuses to consider. Personally, I accept the evidence for telepathy, so the notion that mental problems could be caused by spirits is not a huge leap for me. I think this two-hour interview is a long, slow build-up and the final revelation will be something like "Psychic phenomena are REAL, even though James Randi says he disproved them!"

If people are interested in psychical research, a readable text blog can be found at:

https://noetic.org/blog/

2. The interviewer feels it is relevant to take 4 minutes to warm up with chatter.

3. The interviewee chats from about minute 4 to minute 10 about his background.

4. The plight of wrongfully imprisoned whistleblowers is discussed up to minute 14.

5. Even when using youtube's adjustable speed feature at a factor of 1.5, the first twenty minutes are a slog. The information is worthy of consideration, but the audio format is not convenient for me. I strongly prefer text if I hope to think carefully about a topic. The video images are impressive, but I have previously seen many of the still images of grimoires because I have read many books on this topic.

6. I have a few items on my schedule for today and I have not listened to most of this. I will try to finish listening but I don't know when I will find time for it.
Horrux

Yeah I mean the guy isn't exactly a professional narrator but I have found it worthwhile to slog through.
LS2
Site Admin

Is there a deleted post ITT? I remember someone writing that you can't make any conclusions based on the testament of patients, but reading ceck's comment again, that doesn't appear to be his criticism. I'm almost done listening now and will note that Stanley also brought up physical anomalies such as superhuman strength and an electrical current running through the room (if I understood that part correctly). So you can't explain everything in terms of hallucinations, the whole thing would have to be a hoax.
Horrux

What does "ITT" mean? In This Thread?
LS2
Site Admin

Horrux wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:22 pm What does "ITT" mean? In This Thread?
Exactly.