Proof that the Qur'an was edited

Anything goes. If there's no forum for your topic, you can post it here and give it the appropriate tag.
LS2
Site Admin

Proof that the Qur'an was edited

Dr. Daniel Brubaker proves that early manuscripts of the Qur'an were edited.

Tags:

Re: Proof that the Qur'an was edited

Islam is a false religion either way. It is not aligned with Cosmic Objective Reality, which Buddhism is somewhat and Christianity (as in, the New Testament) is very much.
LS2
Site Admin

But what is cosmic objective reality?
Kevin Logan

I would that the bible also was heavily edit
Horrux

Kevin Logan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:33 am I would that the bible also was heavily edit
Agreed.
LS2
Site Admin

The Bible is perfect as it is, not a tittle should be changed.
fschmidt

Why would this matter? The Quran is still far better than modern culture, so it should be supported.
LS2
Site Admin

I find this fascinating based on an interest in religious studies. The point isn't to assert that the Quran is flawed, but simply to comprehend our world.
Horrux

LS2 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:48 am The Bible is perfect as it is, not a tittle should be changed.
There are at least a few gospels that were removed and banned by religious figures of the distant past, deeming them dangerous. If you stand with truth, you should stand with all truth.
CrystalVulpine

LS2 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:48 am The Bible is perfect as it is, not a tittle should be changed.
Not according to the Bible (Jeremiah 8:8).
WoodyWoodPecker

The Bible is a collection of books that best fit together. Other books were rejected by Herasey and were locked in the basement of the Vatican.
CrystalVulpine

WoodyWoodPecker wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:33 pm The Bible is a collection of books that best fit together. Other books were rejected by Herasey and were locked in the basement of the Vatican.
They're not really locked up anymore. The most important documents are available online through the Vatican's official website, and professionals are allowed to browse if they can be trusted not to damage the delicate documents.

In the old days it was a different story. The Vatican barely tolerated even letting anyone see old copies of the New Testament, let alone "heretical" materials. This tells me the Catholic Church doesn't have nearly as much to hide as it did in the past. Indeed they're far more willing to get along with Protestants and minor dissenters than they were then.

Fortunately, all of the most important sources were discovered independent of the Vatican, usually hiding in old jars in the desert. The Vatican probably wasn't even aware of them before the discoveries.

I do however think our most reliable sources are all contained in the New Testament, aside from maybe the gospel of Thomas. I'm more interested in how altered they are (which I've found is a LOT, though not always in a bad way).