GY!BE appreciation thread

detarame

GY!BE appreciation thread

I love this band more than my life and I spent thousands of hours listening to their music over the past 2 years. Just letting you know.

I will walk you through their discography. This one is their shortest album for now:
Spoiler

This one is way better, but way longer:
Spoiler

This one is their most well-known. A piece from this one was used as a soundtrack for some movie:
Spoiler
Btw, the vinyl and CD versions of this one are different and the vinyl kicks ass, imo

These are the newer ones. And they all rock.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

And this one... I was supposed to hear this one live, but then teh war happened. It's not as good as their other stuff, but it still kicks ass.
Spoiler

You're welcome.
disregard that, I'm retarded
LS2
Site Admin

Re: GY!BE appreciation thread

I haven't listened to GY!BE in such a long time. It's almost too sacred to touch. I save it for when I'm in the mood for great music and I have the peace of mind that I can be fully present with it. My favourite album from them is LYSFLATH. Thanks, I will start listening to them again.
Hanako

Cool writeup thanks. I was not aware that the vinyl of F#A# was different. I will have to find that one somewhere.
detarame

LS2 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:17 am I haven't listened to GY!BE in such a long time. It's almost too sacred to touch. I save it for when I'm in the mood for great music and I have the peace of mind that I can be fully present with it. My favourite album from them is LYSFLATH. Thanks, I will start listening to them again.
Haven't heard them in a while as well, but I can still recall how every piece sounds.

They changed the way I perceive music forever. I can't listen to anything else but them. And that became... quite a dilemma when their music got too repetitive for me.
Hanako wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:52 am Cool writeup thanks. I was not aware that the vinyl of F#A# was different. I will have to find that one somewhere.
Yeah, and the vinyls have three different covers as well. The road sign, the water tower and the machinery. And different coins in their inserts.
LS2
Site Admin

Hanako wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:52 am Cool writeup thanks. I was not aware that the vinyl of F#A# was different. I will have to find that one somewhere.
Welcome to this site Hanako.
Hanako

detarame wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:40 am
LS2 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:17 am I haven't listened to GY!BE in such a long time. It's almost too sacred to touch. I save it for when I'm in the mood for great music and I have the peace of mind that I can be fully present with it. My favourite album from them is LYSFLATH. Thanks, I will start listening to them again.
Haven't heard them in a while as well, but I can still recall how every piece sounds.

They changed the way I perceive music forever. I can't listen to anything else but them. And that became... quite a dilemma when their music got too repetitive for me.
Yeah, and the vinyls have three different covers as well. The road sign, the water tower and the machinery. And different coins in their inserts.
Yeah I knew the first 500 pressings were all handmade with different artwork and whatnot. I just didn't know the music was different as well. I have listened to them quite a bit and own 3 albums on vinyl but I honestly don't know much about them other than they are Canadian. I'm a big music fan with varied tastes but post-rock is near the top of my favorite generas. I just love that wall of sound crescendocore noise.

Mono ftw
ceck

[media]http://midi.moe/f/dfkaq.jpg[/media]
I don't know the origin of this image, but it purports to be an explanation of the themes behind the F#A# infinity album. Allegedly, the "machine" mentioned in the opening monologue is a cosmic machine that keeps human souls cycling through fear, desire, hope, and regret.
detarame

ceck wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:54 am I don't know the origin of this image, but it purports to be an explanation of the themes behind the F#A# infinity album. Allegedly, the "machine" mentioned in the opening monologue is a cosmic machine that keeps human souls cycling through fear, desire, hope, and regret.
It's actually an insert from this album, and a work of Efrim Menuck.