x0x7 here

Tell us about yourself.
x0x7

x0x7 here

Hi Everyone,

I'm checking in. I'm hoping rabbithole takes off. A bit about myself. I'm a bit of a tech nerd. I mostly do web development type stuff. I have more projects I'm working on at any one moment than I can count. I'm always happy to help anyone who needs a pointer or someone to chat with.
LS2
Site Admin

Re: x0x7 here

Welcome! It's an exciting moment with the API change coming up and all.

What are you working on currently?
detarame

You seem interesting. Send ass pics now. plz
disregard that, I'm retarded
ceck

x0x7 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:00 am Hi Everyone,

I'm checking in. I'm hoping rabbithole takes off. A bit about myself. I'm a bit of a tech nerd. I mostly do web development type stuff. I have more projects I'm working on at any one moment than I can count. I'm always happy to help anyone who needs a pointer or someone to chat with.
I bet you know a lot about JavaScript.

I took a self-taught course in JavaScript and passed. And then I immediately forgot everything it had supposedly taught me. I kind of think Python looks more interesting, though, so I'm more likely to try teaching myself Python rather than trying to remember JavaScript.
aswell.tv

Hey x0x7 if you need any help for web development - I recently got into it and am loving it. I am looking for more regular intensive work if possible.
x0x7

LS2 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:08 am Welcome! It's an exciting moment with the API change coming up and all.

Cool. I'd love to look at that API.

So right now I'm working on improving a forum project I call Matrix. (sub domain of gvid) Just doing bug fixing and working on a custom sort option.

But I also work on Gvid as my main project. It was at the start an alternative to youtube, but it is now a meta tube that merges content from multiple platforms, and replaces the youtube suggestion algorithm.

My other major project is JSos aka JSsocial. It's a platform for creating front end apps. Like a social media site where all the front-end element are built by users. One example is 3dspread3 which is a spread sheet application that uses javascript as the formula language (crazy powerful), and has collaboration support (the social media aspect). It's sort of like a shared serverless environment.

But for sure I could use just a few more users on Matrix. I may or may not also be helping out here. I'm currently chatting with Larry about that. Definitely going to help if there's ways I can be useful.
x0x7

ceck wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:04 pm

I bet you know a lot about JavaScript.

I took a self-taught course in JavaScript and passed. And then I immediately forgot everything it had supposedly taught me. I kind of think Python looks more interesting, though, so I'm more likely to try teaching myself Python rather than trying to remember JavaScript.
I do. Javascript is definitely my main vehicle. I'm trying to learn more python myself. I've been playing around with pytorch. Very useful tool. I'm honestly not my favorite as a language but that pytorch is OP.
x0x7

aswell.tv wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:00 pm Hey x0x7 if you need any help for web development - I recently got into it and am loving it. I am looking for more regular intensive work if possible.
Yeah. I've been thinking of involving more people in my sites. I'm honestly not always sure how to use other people. What tools do you know? Honestly what I could use is some help converting some code to more modern practices. I have a lot of node-back style code that could definitely be shifted to async and promises.

..Or if you want to work on auto balancing content delivery networks and storage, or on automated uploading to different image hosts I definitely have tasks I'm working on there.
LS2
Site Admin

x0x7 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:57 pm
LS2 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:08 am Welcome! It's an exciting moment with the API change coming up and all.

So right now I'm working on improving a forum project I call Matrix. (sub domain of gvid) Just doing bug fixing and working on a custom sort option.

But I also work on Gvid as my main project. It was at the start an alternative to youtube, but it is now a meta tube that merges content from multiple platforms, and replaces the youtube suggestion algorithm.

My other major project is JSos aka JSsocial. It's a platform for creating front end apps. Like a social media site where all the front-end element are built by users. One example is 3dspread3 which is a spread sheet application that uses javascript as the formula language (crazy powerful), and has collaboration support (the social media aspect). It's sort of like a shared serverless environment.

But for sure I could use just a few more users on Matrix. I may or may not also be helping out here. I'm currently chatting with Larry about that. Definitely going to help if there's ways I can be useful.
I'm Larry. :lol:

Regarding the Reddit API: you probably don't want to look at it. Reddit wants to start charging ridiculously big money for access to their API, that's what the users are protesting against and why they're looking for an alternative. Gvid looks good. I recommend you promote it at https://old.reddit.com/r/RedditAlternatives/, now's a good time.
x0x7

LS2 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:44 pm
x0x7 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:57 pm

I'm Larry. :lol:

Regarding the Reddit API: you probably don't want to look at it. Reddit wants to start charging ridiculously big money for access to their API, that's what the users are protesting against and why they're looking for an alternative. Gvid looks good. I recommend you promote it at https://old.reddit.com/r/RedditAlternatives/, now's a good time.

Oh. Lol. My mind went straight to you setting up an API for this site. I try not to think about Reddit often.
weegs

auto balancing content delivery networks and storage
I actually need to work on this anyway. I have some more info somewhere. For databases I am using bbolt which is a golang port of LMDB, so it's a simple flat file. So atomically it's easy to extend to distributed I assume.

I just use a golang/bolt/javascript stack.
x0x7

weegs wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:03 am
auto balancing content delivery networks and storage
I actually need to work on this anyway. I have some more info somewhere. For databases I am using bbolt which is a golang port of LMDB, so it's a simple flat file. So atomically it's easy to extend to distributed I assume.

I just use a golang/bolt/javascript stack.
I've been wanting to do more Go lately. I've been in NodeJS for 11 years. The problem is once you know a tool and have a todo list to go through you just want to use the tool you know you could use to knock it out quickly. So NodeJS keeps sucking me back in.
Horrux

Hello! Welcome! I'm also on another site that has a favicon like a triangle. Cheers! :-)
LS2
Site Admin

Horrux wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:30 pm Hello! Welcome! I'm also on another site that has a favicon like a triangle. Cheers! :-)
You mean conspiracies.win? It isn't the favicon that has a triangle, at least not their current one.
CrystalVulpine

Javascript is a nightmare

CrystalVulpine wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:14 pm Javascript is a nightmare
My entire life is a nightmare so I don't mind.

:lol: Is it true that you have a current copy of (((poal)))'s database?
CrystalVulpine

Guest wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:58 pm My entire life is a nightmare so I don't mind.
If you knew me you'd know mine is a total nightmare. Why make it even worse?