I like posting silly things but I sometimes post serious things

Tell us about yourself.
ceck

I like posting silly things but I sometimes post serious things

Fun fact about me: I try to post light-hearted silliness as much as possible. However, I try to do this only when the discussion seems to lack any serious topic. If I think people are trying to be serious, I try to turn off most of my humor.

Here is some silly attempt at humor: Raccoons customarily do not wear trousers. So when a guy rambles about how he will take off his trousers and do kara-te unless people upvote his raccoon posts, you can derail the conversation into questions of whether the guy posting is a raccoon, or whether he takes off his trousers because he is inspired by the trouserless state of the raccoons. Not very funny? Yeah, I know, humor is just a coping mechanism.
ceck

Re: I like posting silly things but I sometimes post serious things

Is this photo sinister? Is this photo silly? Is it both?
LS2
Site Admin

ceck wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:33 pm Here is some silly attempt at humor: Raccoons customarily do not wear trousers. So when a guy rambles about how he will take off his trousers and do kara-te unless people upvote his raccoon posts, you can derail the conversation into questions of whether the guy posting is a raccoon, or whether he takes off his trousers because he is inspired by the trouserless state of the raccoons. Not very funny? Yeah, I know, humor is just a coping mechanism.
That was cringe, but do keep trying. One day you'll be as funny as Phooey, I'm sure of it.

Welcome to this website. I saw on Saidit that you're interested in spirituality. Would you like to say more about that?
ceck wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:59 pm Is this photo sinister? Is this photo silly? Is it both?
I'd mostly call it sinister. Are they emulating Eyes Wide Shut? It reminds of that and of Inland Empire.
ceck

LS2 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:52 am
ceck wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:33 pm Here is some silly attempt at humor: Raccoons customarily do not wear trousers. So when a guy rambles about how he will take off his trousers and do kara-te unless people upvote his raccoon posts, you can derail the conversation into questions of whether the guy posting is a raccoon, or whether he takes off his trousers because he is inspired by the trouserless state of the raccoons. Not very funny? Yeah, I know, humor is just a coping mechanism.
That was cringe, but do keep trying. One day you'll be as funny as Phooey, I'm sure of it.

Welcome to this website. I saw on Saidit that you're interested in spirituality. Would you like to say more about that?
ceck wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:59 pm Is this photo sinister? Is this photo silly? Is it both?
I'd mostly call it sinister. Are they emulating Eyes Wide Shut? It reminds of that and of Inland Empire.
I think the films Eyes Wide Shut and Inland Empire were probably imitating real life cults. This real life cult was probably doing stuff like this long before those films were made.

Regarding spirituality, sure I'll make a separate post about that in the wildcard forum.