Hi, just a guest here. Is PM safe on this board?

Tell us about yourself.

Hi, just a guest here. Is PM safe on this board?

Does the admin on this board read user's PMs here? Just curious.
Horrux

Re: Hi, just a guest here. Is PM safe on this board?

phpbb has no provision for anything like that. None of us know whether the admin tweaked the code or not, but it would be out of character for him to do that. He is very privacy driven.
LS2
Site Admin

Re: Hi, just a guest here. Is PM safe on this board?

PhpBB doesn't provide end-to-end-encryption. Luckily, there's no interface for viewing people's PMs in the admin control panel, but they do indeed show up in the MySQL database. I won't read your PMs. You can decide to trust me, but the host can also access the data, and they can be subpoenaed. In practice you don't have to worry about that because this forum is small, nobody is interested in this. But you can further protect your privacy by registering and only logging in through Tor, and not using a username you use elsewhere. The content of the data could (theoretically) be accessed, but it can't be linked to your identity that way.

But to provide let users have really private communications, I've decided to add contact fields in the profile CP for Matrix, XMPP, Briar, Session, and Cwtch. If there are any additional fields you'd like to see, feel free to request them here.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:33 am.