What e2ee chat programs do you use?

What e2ee chat programs do you use?

I've tried various programs but find that many are unreliable or are a hassle to set up. The ones that are easier to set up like Signal require phone number authentication. A lot of them are ugly as well. What privacy-respecting chat programs do you prefer?
ceck

Re: What e2ee chat programs do you use?

I don't use end-to-end encrypted systems so far as I know. Sometimes I sign up for short-term emails, and some of those probably use end-to-end encryption.

I used to be very interested in I2P but I have not had a lot of time to devote to it lately.
Phooey

I use the Session app because it requires no phone number or email.
Zom

I used Pigeon a long time ago, it was alright.
LS2
Site Admin

Zom wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:29 pm I used Pigeon a long time ago, it was alright.
I absolutely love Pigeon for its interface and buddy pounces. It's too bad that it has no built-in OMEMO support. I tried it with a plugin, but it's unreliable. Now I use Profanity as my XMPP client.
LS2
Site Admin

Phooey wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:02 am I use the Session app because it requires no phone number or email.
I like the concept of not needing to sign up, but Session is so unreliable. Oftentimes my messages don't reach the other people, or the whole program will stop working after an update, which happened for me again just now. I think SimpleX is a better alternative for that concept. It provides even more privacy because you don't even have a permanent ID.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:14 pm.