Chatbox?

Anything related to this website.
Horrux

Chatbox?

I'm pretty sure I've seen phpBB forums sporting a chatbox on the front page. It would be absolutely awesome to have one here, I feel.

Tags:
LS2
Site Admin

Re: Chatbox?

I've looked at two scripts but they're unmaintained and don't work with modern versions of PhpBB. There's one more option but I've left it for now. I feel like it'd make more sense for a site with a decent number of visitors, I'm only now transitioning to promoting this more actively. Also, I feel like it could take away from the threads. An absence of a chat box will encourage people to make / post in threads instead. But it could be an interesting experiment for the future. Thanks for the suggestion.
LS2
Site Admin

Re: Chatbox?

I've been looking into this again, it'd be nice to have. I've installed cBB Chat, in the links bar at the top you can see a chat page, but it doesn't work, I've tried with two browsers. I'm keeping it up a little longer in case it still works for someone else. It was developed for PhpBB 3.2 and this runs on version 3.3, although others did get it to work on 3.3 as well.

The other scripts are called mChat and Ajax chat btw. The former also looks decent but is more outdated. Ajax chat looks ugly, and doesn't work either. So cBB chat is definitely the most promising option.